Moving can be a tricky task. With boxes, newspaper and tape galore, it’s easy to lose your wits. Keep your cool and hack your move with these five simple tips:
- Get to Moving: Getting started can be the hardest part! Get your toolbox ready and tighten your toolbelt with these moving day essentials: packing tape, colored tape, box cutter, gloves, plastic wrap, etc.
- Keep It Together: Trinkets, treasures and tiny gadgets become casualties of a move far too often. Here’s a simple fix: place a sheet of plastic wrap around your utensil tray to keep forks, knives, spoons and other kitchen gear together—just where it belongs. You can do the same with your jewelry or bathroom vanity tray.
- Don’t Whine Over Broken Glasses: Say ‘pass’ to broken glass. Grab an old wine box and get to packing! And if you don’t already have one at home, you can usually snag one for free at a local package store. Use the pre-cut section dividers to safely store each piece of glassware and prevent scratching, breaking, chipping or cracking.
- Color Code Your Move: Instead of writing room names on packing boxes, you can use color coded tape to label your boxes for the right room. Designate a color for each room— green for the living room and blue for the kitchen. You’ll keep your boxes organized and your head on your shoulders. And if you have movers, they can easily know what goes where!
- Just Roll with It: Rock and roll your heavy items all the way to your new home with this hack: pack your heavy items in a rolling suitcase. This nifty tip will help you carry a lot while lifting a little.
Moving doesn’t have to be complicated, especially with a little help from Gas South. Learn how you can save time and money when you move with Gas South and about our partnerships with Atlanta Peach Movers and Allconnect. Also, check out our moving checklist to help make your move as simple as possible.
Not a current customer? Sign up with Gas South and get $50 in bill credits.