With Gas South, you get great low rates, never pay a deposit and you can schedule your service up to 90 days in advance. Plus, we’ll give you a $50 bill credit using the code “MOVE” and exclusive discounts if you sign up as a new customer. To help make your move even easier, follow our convenient moving checklist.
2 Months Out
- Begin cleaning closets, garage, basement, and attic.
- Host a garage sale, donate items, and haul away what you no longer keep.
1 Month Out
- Book movers. Gas South customers save 5% with Atlanta Peach Movers.
- Get gloves, packing tape, bubble wrap, paper plates, markers, and trash bags.
- Change your address online at USPS.com or your local post office.
2 Weeks Out
- Pack playrooms, bedrooms, and the kitchen. Label boxes.
- Schedule your natural gas transfer or disconnection. Gas South allows you to schedule your new service up to 90 days in advance.
The Week of Your Move
- Send a note informing everyone of your change of address.
- Put together a first-night survival kit with first aid, paper goods, flashlight, scissors, etc.
- Be sure all items are ready for the movers.
- Deep clean the house.
1 Day Before You Move
- Get cash and fill up on gasoline.
- Change the locks on the doors of your new home and have sets of keys made.
- Pack your suitcase. Include fresh sheets, towels, and toiletries.
The Day of Your Move
- Once all belongings are loaded onto the moving truck, complete a final walkthrough.
- Lock all windows and doors, and turn off the thermostat and all lights.
- Enjoy your new home!