The Southeast’s Largest Retail Natural Gas Provider
Welcome to Gas South, now the largest retail natural gas provider in the Southeast. We're proud to serve you, and we're committed to making your natural gas management and transition to Gas South as easy as possible.
Recently, you should have received your new Gas South account number so that you can set up your new online account. In addition, and for your convenience, we've included easy access to our W-9 form so Gas South can be added as a vendor in your system as well as some Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
About the Transition
Who is Gas South?
Gas South is a leading provider of natural gas in competitive markets throughout the southeastern U.S. We currently serve more than 300,000 residential, business, and governmental customers in Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina. Gas South offers simple and competitive rate plans, outstanding customer service, and a promise to give back 5% of profits to support children in need.
Can you provide more detail about the transition?
On December 18, 2020, Gas South announced the closing of its acquisition of Infinite Energy. Gas South expects the acquisition to more than double its annual revenue to nearly $1 billion and to expand its customer base to over 425,000 residential, commercial, industrial, and wholesale customers throughout the southeastern U.S. Under the terms of the acquisition, Gas South acquired Infinite Energy’s wholesale and retail natural gas business and customer list, located primarily in Georgia and Florida. Gas South's headquarters will remain in Atlanta, but the company expects to retain a presence in Gainesville, Fla., where Infinite was founded in 1994.
How will I know when I become a Gas South customer?
Gas South began serving Infinite Energy customers at the start of the May production month. Your account has officially transferred, and you should receive your first Gas South bill soon.
What will transfer from my Infinite Energy account?
Your rate plan, customer service fee, delivery charges, and any contact information you have on file will automatically transfer to Gas South. However, your payment information will not.
Will my Infinite Energy natural gas rate be honored by Gas South?
Yes. Your Infinite Energy natural gas contract is transferable and will be honored by Gas South without any changes.
Where can I find my Gas South account number?
We recently sent you a letter that included your new Gas South account number. You can also find it on your first Gas South bill.
How can I manage my Gas South account?
Gas South has made managing your account easy with our 24/7 Online Account Services. Visit GasSouth.com/Register today to register your account online, and you’ll be able to:
- Make payments and view your balance
- Enroll in Auto-Pay or paperless billing
- Set alert notifications for when your bill is ready or when payment is received
- Track your natural gas usage and view bill history
Billing and Payments
What if I receive a bill from Infinite Energy?
You should expect to receive a final bill from Infinite Energy for your last month of service. Please pay any outstanding Infinite Energy balances directly to Infinite Energy. Gas South will pick up billing right where Infinite Energy stops. Rest assured, you won’t be double-billed for usage.
My company had a deposit with Infinite Energy - is it now with Gas South?
Yes. Your deposit with Infinite Energy will transfer to Gas South.
When will I receive my first Gas South bill?
Gas South bills consumption as we receive the reads from the LDCs, which means you’ll receive your first bill shortly after your meter is read. You may receive your first Gas South bill and your final Infinite Energy bill less than a month apart. You can verify there is no overlap by checking the meter read dates. Both bills are valid and should be paid. Please make sure to send your final Infinite Energy bill payment to Infinite Energy. Gas South will pick up billing right where Infinite Energy stops.
Will anything change on my bill?
While nothing will change about how your bill is calculated, you might notice some differences in how your charges are displayed:
- LDC Pass-Through Charge—For some customers, LDC Pass-Through charges listed on Infinite Energy's bill were shown as three separate charges: DAC, LDC Fuel and FGT Fuel. If that was the case, your Gas South’s bill for these will appear as only two separate charges. The Transportation item includes the DAC charge, and the Fuel Charge includes both LDC Fuel and FGT Fuel charges. You’ll only see these on your Gas South bill if they apply to you.
- Taxes—You may notice that your Gas South bill includes two line items for taxes. Your Infinite Energy bill included both of these in a single charge called Sales Tax. While Gas South reports them separately, you can be sure that there are no changes to the way your taxes were calculated.
- Other common name changes—Depending on your service area, you may see other line items on your Gas South bill that appear differently than how Infinite Energy displayed them. Some of the most common changes include:
- Public Service Tax will now show as Municipal Public Service Tax.
- TECO Peoples Gas NCTS Rider will now show as PGS Load Factor Adder Adj.
- Transportation Charge (Local) will show as PGS Pass-Through Charge.
Will my Infinite Energy payment information transfer to Gas South?
No. Because of the way payment data is encrypted for your protection, your payment information cannot be transferred from Infinite Energy to Gas South. Now that your service has started at Gas South, you can manage your payment preferences through your online account with Gas South. If you were previously enrolled in Auto-Pay with Infinite Energy, you’ll need to set it up again with Gas South, which you can do through your online account.
How should I pay my Gas South bills?
Gas South offers several convenient ways to pay. Visit GasSouth.com/pay for more information. We accept checking, savings, debit and credit card payments.
To pay via direct transfer, please use Gas South's information below:
Bank Name: Wells Fargo
Bank Address: 360 Interstate North Pkwy
Atlanta, GA 30339
Bank Routing Number (ABA#): 021052053
Account Number: 81751527
Account Type: Gas South, LLC – Depository
Please remember to include your Gas South account number with your payment.
Still have questions?
Reach out to us at BizRelations@GasSouth.com.